By: Chrissy Tansey, President
Thank you to everyone who attended our general meeting last night. We were happy to see so many new members as well as some familiar faces. Our executive board and chairs have great plans for PRSSA this year and are excited to finally hit the ground running.
In case you missed last night’s meeting, here are a few important takeaways:
- Committee meetings will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Below is a schedule of meeting times and places.
|Strategic Planning (freshmen/sophomores)||7 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.||110 Sackett|
|Event Planning (juniors/seniors)||7 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.||113 Sackett|
|Communications/Digital Strategy (all grade levels)||7:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.||110 Sackett|
|THON/Philanthropy (all grade levels)||8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.||113 Sackett|
- Aside from committee meetings, PRSSA holds one general meeting with all members each month. Throughout the semester, we will also hold several workshops, fundraisers and other various events.
- To be considered an active member of PRSSA, you must earn eight membership points per month and pay dues. Dues for the year will be $70 (covers two semesters of membership) and are due on October 13.
Below is the breakdown of the point system:
|Work a committee event||1|
|Write a blog post||1|
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for meeting updates, internship postings, networking opportunities and more!
- If you have any questions about committees, membership benefits or PRSSA in general, please do not hesitate to reach out to chapter president, Chrissy Tansey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or vice president, Jess Savarese at email@example.com.
Again, thank you to all who were in attendance at our first general meeting. We hope that you are all gearing up for PRSSA’s best year yet!